Wednesday, October 12, 2016

USING THE 600LB. TELEPHONE

     "I didn't know if I should call."
     "I didn't want to disturb you."
     "I wasn't sure it was any big deal."


     They are excuses I've heard for not calling a sponsor or another addict before slipping back into the nightmare of active addiction. One sponsor gave this "Should I call?" checklist to her newest relapse queen.


Answer the following:
     1. Am I worth recovery?
     2. Am I worth some of this person's time?
     3. Would I give that person some of my time if that person called me?
     4. Do I really want back into the nightmare?
     6. If you answer "Yes" or "No" to any of the questions above, CALL!

No comments:

California Clean and a Brief Peek at Reality

  Denial, that old Egyptian river. It is the principle symptom of active addiction. This is why addiction is often described as the disease...