Wednesday, October 02, 2013

WHY THE GAP?

I've been gone for a long time and now I'm back, and, up until now, without explanation. So here's the explanation.

At the same time that a host of energy sapping and painful afflictions hit my sorry butt, I was in the middle of writing the third Joe Torio Mystery, ROPE PAPER SCISSORS, which turned out to be so long I had to have it published in three volumes (see link). For personal reasons, it was very important to finish this work, hence I had to back away from everything else: Webmansion, Blog, Facebook, and Twitter adieu.


I learned a lot of very useful stuff about priorities, denial, focus, and putting one word after another. I also learned a lot of very useless stuff about being sick. The mystery novel is done, I am tremendously happy with it, my health is improving, and here I am once more on the blog.

During my absence, the page views of Life Sucks Better Clean jumped from around six thousand to over fifty-eight thousand(!). That surprised me. The obvious conclusion is that the less I am involved, the more page views we get. I am going to remain involved, nevertheless.

Please notice the gadgets recently added. First is the translator at the page top. A little over ten percent of our page views come from outside the USA, Lebanon being number one. No, I don't know why. I'm grateful for the page views in any event and hope they help in that daily choice between life and death we all have to make.

I don't know how well the translator will work, and I would appreciate some feedback from those who use it. Is it working? Is it working well? I tried it out in Spanish, and all of the spacing and formatting said Adios! We'll try it for awhile and see if it's worth keeping.

Also there are gadgets that enable you to follow this blog through email and "posts," whatever that is, and one that shows the total number of page views.

MOST IMPORTANT, I would love to get your comments as well as program-savvy contributions: Jokes, stories, personal experience, and you don't have to be an addict (See "Growing Up In NA" by Hannah Huggins).

The recovering community is a team, when it's smart, because we can do together what none of us can do alone. Even so, many of us try it alone. For those of you who have yet to make your way into a Twelve Step program, or are out there on the cold edges with no sponsor, no one you call, few meetings and less trust, let this blog be a bit of a touch from the huge community of recovering addicts.

1 comment:

Pdogge said...

So good to see you back and I must explore your novels :-)